Whether you have a property to rent out or are searching for a home, you need an agent that you can trust and rely on when issues arise.
The quality of the agent makes a real difference.
If you are a landlord, you need professional service and the confidence that your agent will manage your investment in your best interests. As a tenant, you need the reassurance that maintenance issues will be dealt with promptly and your tenancy will run smoothly.
ARLA Propertymark Protected agents help landlords to find the right tenants, and tenants to enjoy their treasured homes. Every year tenants and landlords suffer through dealing with agents who are inexperienced or do not adhere to the law. In the worst cases financial losses can add up to millions of pounds. ARLA Propertymark regulate their member agents to ensure they work to a higher standard than the law demands. Make sure your letting agent is offering you Propertymark Protection.
ARLA Propertymark Protected Members Offer More
- Backed by Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme
- Experienced and trained professionals required to undertake regular training
- Up to date with complex legislative changes and best practice
- Adhere to a nationally recognised Code of Practice
- Submit independently audited accounts to Propertymark annually
- Membership of an independent redress scheme
- Professional Indemnity insurance
What Is Propertymark Protection?
ARLA Propertymark Protected agents have to hold your money in a separate client account which is independently inspected annually. This is not the case with all letting agents. You will receive a professional service from an ARLA Propertymark Protected agent, but if things go wrong the ARLA Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme (CMP) will step in and reimburse tenants and landlords.*
Check That Your Letting Agent Is Professional By Asking These Questions
- Which independent redress scheme do you belong to?
- Is a full list of your fees and charges freely available as required by law?
- Are you ARLA Propertymark Protected?
* Subject to CMP scheme limits.
Source: ARLA Propertymark